Friends' Events, Visits and Other Special Activities
In the past the Friends have organised the following one-off events:
- We had a Social Evening and Skittles Match between the Friends of the Curtis and Willis Museums on Friday 4th October 2019 at the Anchor Inn in North Warnborough where on this occasion we won the match.
- An exhibition entitled “Bronzes of the World” ran for two months in the Museum’s Community Gallery.
- The bi-annual Social Evening and Skittles Match against the Friends of the Curtis Museum took place at the Anchor Inn in North Warnborough.
- A Members’ guided tour of the Wellington Statue and Royal Garrison Church at Aldershot.
- The manning of Friends’ Promotional Display Stands at the Centenary Open Day at All Saints Church in Basingstoke and the Hampshire Genealogical Society Open Day at the Everest Community Academy in Popley.
- In 2016 Cathy Williams organised a Members’ guided tour of Pamber Priory. Derek Anthony wrote an article describing the visit in the September 2016 Newsletter
- The Summer 2017 visit was a guided walk around the Abbey Quarter in Reading on 29th July with tea and cake afterwards in Pugin’s St James’s Church. A full report on the visit is in the September 2017 Newsletter.
- The Summer 2018 visit was to the Whitchurch Silk Mill for a conducted tour of the refurbished mill prior to its opening to the public.
- The Summer 2019 visit was to the archaeological dig of the Roman Bath House at Calleva [Silchester] with a conducted tour by Professor Mike Fulford.